Saturday, May 26, 2018

Campaign Benefits

There are lots of reasons that make running for office a great experience.  The most positive element is how many people you get to meet.  The best people are the voters, the real people I meet at their homes.  I try to find out what is on their minds and what they would like to see their governments work to accomplish. There will be more on that as I go out each day to canvass my neighbors.

Another great thing about running for office is meeting and working with the other candidates.  I have met and befriended so many caring, enthusiastic and determined candidates this election cycle.  This picture is from a campaign kickoff in Lake St Louis for Patrice Billings last week.  There were 5 other women besides Patrice among the 50 or so attendees. Pictured from L to R are Patrice Billings for Senate District 2, Lorna Frahm for County Executive, myself, Senator Gina Walsh, Katy Geppert for Congress District 3, and Jan Kester for State Rep District 63.  All good people who want to make Missouri and St Charles County a better place to live.  I am glad that I have met them and to have made new friends while working together for the same causes.

No comments:

Post a Comment